Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday 18 April 2013

Musical Tortoise

Star light musical tortoise bought from gmarket

Daddy bought this end of last year and its "shelve life" lasted only for 2-3 months as her sleeping companion. In the beginning, yx was fascinated by the music and the stars and moon reflections around the room. Now it has been sitting at one corner collecting dust. Maybe I try to on it again and see if she still remember this poor tortoise..

Concepts I think (or maybe hope hahaa) she should have grasp:
  • Differences between day and night -stars and moon can only be seen at night cos she kept pestering me to on it during the day, I showed and explained to her that they exist during the day but can only be seen at night due to the bright sunlight. I don't know if she knows what I am talking about even though I explain in simple terms with actions. 
  • Reflections - lights can be reflected; yx is intrigued when the small stars and moon on the tortoise can be reflected onto the walls, not to mention that they look much bigger!
  • Shadows - yx has been playing with her own shadows since she was 6 mths old when we off the lights to play with her with a torchlight. She jumps like cat trying to "catch" the shadow dog and butterflies we did on the wall. haha. With this tortoise, she experimented covering the tortoise shell and then shine the shell against her hand and the wall. I am not sure if she knows what's happening but I am glad she had fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment